A wine label is a piece of paper, or any other material displaying information pertaining to the type of wine and its country of origin. The label on a wine bottle is the only direct form of communication between the product and the consumer. Typically, there is a wide variety of information that is displayed on such a label. This could include the origins of the wine, its exact category, the alcohol content in the wine, details about the manufacturer and importer, and the price of the wine. Most labels found on wine bottles are customized to attain an individual character. Labels play a very important role in the branding process-without a label almost all wine bottles would look the same. However, there are certain must-haves on wine labels. Here are few of these:
- The print quality of text and graphics on the label needs to be top-notch. Failing this, the product won’t look as appealing as it is supposed to look.
- No matter what type of wine you are selling, the label needs to stand apart. The colors you use for this purpose make a marked different.
- Another important aspect you would need to consider is whether these labels are going to be applied by hand, or with a machine. Do remember to discuss this aspect with your chosen wine label manufacturer to enable them to offer you the best solution.
- Labels can have a particular finish such as a varnish finish, UV finish, or laminate. What finish you choose depends on several factors such as the color of label, handling of bottles in the retail chain, and so on.
- As a wine bottler or wine maker, you also need to decide the exact material of label you wish to have. The choices vary from glossy white labels to matte litho to vinyl to foils or fluorescent.
- Finally, you would need to zero in on the exact size of wine labels depending on the size and dimensions of your wine bottle. Label manufacturers have a variety of dies that you can choose from.
A number of New World consumers don’t mind experimenting with different wines. This opens up several avenues for wine makers to present wines bottled and labeled in an appealing manner. There are a number of companies that occasionally come up with wine bottles that feature limited edition labels. These wine labels could contain art or other images that make such labels collectors’ item. So whether it is a vintage, or any other type of wine, the look and feel of a label can be an influential factor in a consumer’s purchase decision. This also makes it imperative to order labels from a reputable custom label manufacturing company.